Just in: Aldeburgh beats Proms to world premieresmain
While the BBC has yet to roll out its summer plans, Britten Pears Arts has replaced its regular festival with a welter of new music delivered in short weekend concerts over May, June and July, with more to follow. Here are the headline acts:
– First performances of Britten Pears Arts commissions, including music by featured composer Tansy Davies and Mark Anthony Turnage
– World premieres by John Tavener, John Woolrich and Stephen Hough
– New versions of Britten‘s music by Robin Holloway and Colin Matthews in world premiere performances
– First performances of Nadine Benjamin’s multi-media music theatre piece BEAM
– Juliet Fraser presents to and fro in shadow, an evening of Samuel Beckett and Morton Feldman
That’s some summer.