Sicklist: Zubin cancels December

Zubin Mehta has cancelled his Italian concerts in December.

‘I am very sorry,’ he says, ‘I have to undergo medical treatment in Los Angeles.’

Zubin, 83, took an eight-month break last year for cancer treatment.

 

 

share this

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on google
  • Greg Bottini says:

    Best wishes and good health, Maestro Mehta, from one who appreciates your life in music….

  • Katerina von Waldersee says:

    Take care, Maestro Mehta, we’ll wait for you

  • Martinu says:

    On Friday Mehta conducted his seventh (I think) different program in two weeks. Yefim Bronfman gave a majestic, beautiful Brahms second piano concerto. The orchestra was not at its best – I suppose not enough rehearsals, after all.
    Mehta looked frail.
    Tomorrow the last of the series – Mahler 2nd. I am afraid this is the last we are going to see Mehta on the podium here.
    He leaves the orchestra in a superb state – many young, excellent players, together with the veterans.
    Welcome, Lahav Shani (he sat next to me yesterday).
    Many thanks to Zubin for what he did for IPO and Israel.

    • Greg Bottini says:

      Martinu,
      I wish I could be at that Mahler 2nd concert with you. Mehta is the master of this score. Despite the frailty which you observed, I’ll wager that this will be one of his finest performances!
      I hope that the maestro will live many happy years in his retirement.

  • >