The winner of the 9th Joseph Joachim International Violin Competition in Hannover is Sergei Dogadin.
He leaves with 50,000 Euros and Naxos recording and a stash of concert dates. Dogadin, 27, came joint second at the 2011 Tchaikovsky competition in Moscow (the first prize was not awarded).
The awards in full:
1. Sergei Dogadin
2. Shion Minami, 26 (Japan) €30,000
3. Prize: Richard Lin, 24 (Taiwan) €20,000
4. Prize: Benjamin Marquise Gilmore (US/Netherlands) €8,000
5. Prize: Ayana Tsuji (Japan) €8,000
6. Prize: Amalia Hall (New Zealand) €8,000
Judges: Salvatore Accardo, Boris Kuschnir, Rudolf Koelman, Silvia Marcovici, Lucie Robert, Kaija Saarikettu, Takashi Shimizu, Weidong Tong, Ingolf Turban.