Meet Scotland’s new doctor of musicmain
It’s Dr Susan Boyle.
‘This is an atrocity,’ comments one eminent opera singer.
The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland has published a list of her academic merits:
- Over 680 million YouTube views of BGT Audition Clip
- Over 22 million albums sold globally
- Six albums released in five years making Susan the most successful act to come from a reality TV show signed to Syco.
- Over 120 platinum & gold albums in 38 countries
- 2 Grammy nominations
- 3 Guinness World Records
- 66 million Wikipedia views in one week setting a new record
- Most pre-ordered album in Amazon history
- Fastest selling debut album globally (2009)
- In 2010 Susan became the first female artist to have a number one album simultaneously in both the UK and the US, twice in less than 12 months
- In 2011 Susan made UK music history again by becoming the first female artist ever to have three successive albums debut at No.1 in the UK album chart in less than two years. No other female solo singer in the 65 year history of the Official UK charts has achieved this in the first week of the albums being released
- In 2013 Susan became the first British artist to have been given the honour of the duet with Elvis posthumously and featuring his vocals on their album. Only two other females have been afforded this, Celine Dion (Canadian) and Lisa Marie Presley (USA)
- Performed on some of the biggest TV shows in the world, including Oprah, America’s Got Talent, X Factor, Dancing With the Stars, The Today Show, Larry King Live, the Queen’s jubilee, the Papal Mass in Scotland (over 1 billion global audience) China’s Got Talent (half a billion audience)