Want to sing at the Met?main
The Metropolitan Opera Announces Chorus Auditions for the 2020 – 2021 Season
The Metropolitan Opera Chorus and Extra Chorus offer unique and rewarding career opportunities for highly qualified performers. Classically trained professional singers who have been invited to audition should be prepared to sing two operatic arias in different languages from memory. Selections should demonstrate the applicant’s ability to sing lyrically. An accompanist will be provided.
All qualified applicants will be considered for Full Time (Regular) and Extra Chorus positions for the Metropolitan Opera’s 2020-2021 season.
Applicants shall submit via email addressed to ChorusAuditions@metopera.orgthe following materials:
- in the subject line of the email, please format: Last Name, First Name; Voice Type; AGMA or non-AGMA
- a cover letter requesting an audition; please indicate your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd audition session preferences from the dates below
- a current one-page resume and photo/headshot
- an audio clip (MP3 file, no larger than 10 MB) of an operatic aria (please no YouTube clips or links)
- a list of no more than 5 operatic arias, two of which will be selected as your audition pieces
Auditions will be granted by invitation only, and will be held at the following times:
- Session #1 Thursday, November 21st, 2019 3:00pm to 5:30pm
- Session #2 Tuesday, December 10th, 2019 3:30pm to 6:00pm
- Session #3 Thursday, January 9th, 2020 3:00pm to 6:00pm
- Session #4 Friday, February 7th, 2020 3:00pm to 5:30pm
Applications must be received on or before 12 midnight EST, Saturday, September 21st, 2019.