Back

German opera house conducts abuse inquiry into former intendant

February 16, 2018 by norman lebrecht

3 comments.


The authorities in Braunschweig are investigating allegations against the former artistic director Philip Kochheim who, in addition to sexual complaints previously reported, is accused of kicking an assistant’s telephone down a flight of stairs and hitting her on the head.

Two complaints were to the police. Kochheim has offered no comment.

Report here.

Kochheim has moved on to become head of Aarhus opera, the second largest in Denmark.

 


Comments (3)

  1. urania says:

    There is also much turmoil about Erl Festival since 2 days in the media

    1. Ravil Butusov says:

      Markus Wilhelm’s latest blog post, containing a heavily redacted communication, is highly entertaining (see 12th line from the end), as should be the upcoming court case if there is an ounce of truth in the allegations:

      http://www.dietiwag.org/index.php?id=5160

  2. RW2013 says:

    More of a scandal are the hideous productions of this “star director”.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.