Dream job: Preserving the ush at Covent Gardenmain
The Royal Opera House produces some of the best opera and ballet in the world, in one of London’s most iconic buildings. We are currently seeking part-time Ushers to work at performances and events during the evening and daytime, providing first-class customer service and ensuring the safety and security of customers and visitors.
£8.80 per hour, permanent contract – from 2 September 2014
Part-time (either three or six shifts per week, each shift a minimum of four hours)
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience of working with the public in the provision of a service.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Positive and highly-motivated, with the ability to work pro-actively and flexibly in a friendly, enthusiastic and helpful manner with a wide range of people.
- The ability to accurately handle money and stock, with strong mental arithmetic.
- Good clear, English language and strong communication skills, including the ability to understand and respond to written and spoken instructions and briefings.
- The ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure.
An interest in theatre would be an advantage but is not essential. Please note that this work involves some lifting and manual handling and requires the ability to work at height and stand or sit for long periods of time. First Aid skills would also be an advantage.
You must be available to work Saturdays and evenings, be able to start work week beginning 1 September 2014, be available to work over the Christmas period and commit to work for us for at least six months. Please indicate in your application whether you wish to work three or six shifts per week.
Information on how to apply for this position is available on our website www.roh.org.uk. If you have any queries regarding the recruitment process please email email@example.com or call 020 7212 9124.
Closing date for applications is 10am on Monday 7th July 2014.
Mention Slipped Disc in your application.