2 in 3 US orchestras make musicians get jabs. But only 41% check audiencesNews
Some unequal stats from a League of American Orchestras survey of 202 ensembles:
82% of all responding orchestras (excluding youth orchestras) reported either a mandatory vaccination policy or testing
requirement for their musicians.
• 65% reported a mandatory vaccination policy for their musicians
• 58% indicated they had a policy in place to test some or all of their musicians
• 66% reported that masks would be mandatory
• 39% will continue with some forms of distancing on stage
• 68% reported a mandatory vaccination policy for office staff
41% of all responding orchestras, including youth orchestras, reported either a mandatory vaccination policy or testing
requirement for their audiences. For those orchestras indicating an “other” or “undetermined” policy for their audiences, the majority
noted their policies were dependent on venue or other state and local determinations.
• 26% reported a mandatory vaccination policy for their audiences
• 33% indicated they would require proof of negative COVID-19 tests
• 71% reported a mask mandate is in place for their audiences
• 46% intend to offer at least some performances with socially-distanced options for their audiences