Maestro move: Lucerne conductor signs off

The American conductor James Gaffigan says he will leave the Lucerne Symphony Orchestra in 2021, having been chief conductor since 2010. Gaffigan, 40, has given the orchestra a higher international profile than it ever enjoyed before.

He holds another post as principal guest at Dutch Radio.

• Alexander says:

…don’t you want to pay attention to Lucerne summer festival this year? The program looks fine for me ( and temptingly for you ๐Ÿ˜‰ ) – Chaiily, Matsuev, Gergiev, Currentzis, Barenboim, Yannick, Nelsons – all the names to find many faults and bite them many times ๐Ÿ˜‰
    PS If someone likes to remember Kiri’s singing – there will be a rare occasion to hear her beautiful ( both personally and vocally) disciple Ekaterina Scherbachenko in the heart of Europe. She will sing countess Almaviva on Sept 12th…. just so ๐Ÿ˜‰
    … and , of course, our lovely Ceci too ๐Ÿ˜‰ …. hopefully I’m not offtopic ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Alexander says:

Chailly ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Novagerio says:

You are confused, and you are confusing the sheep. The Lucerne Symphony Orchestra is not Abbado’s former and now Chailly’s Festival Orchestra. Wether the Lucerne Symphony Orchestra occasionally plays in the KKL Center or not during the festival is irrelevant.

• Alexander says:

think as you like ๐Ÿ˜‰ I wish you well and do believe you read more books than me ๐Ÿ˜‰
        PS actually my main love in opera is sopranos , especially those who are second to none ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Michel says:

Very good conductor. He is not put forward by the medias like Nezet-Seguin, Nelsons or Dudamel but is,nonetheless, someone to follow very attentively.

• Don Defoe says:

Oh, how I hope he comes to Atlanta…would be such a great fit!

• >