The Solti Foundation has just rolled out its 2019 Career Assistance Awards. Most already have at least one foot on the ladder.
Two are women:
– Conner Gray Covington, Associate Conductor, Utah Symphony;
– Aram Demirjian, Music Director of Knoxville Symphony Orchestra;
– Joshua Hong, Music Director of the Campanile Orchestra;
– Stilian Kirov, Music Director of the Bakersfield Symphony (CA), Illinois Philharmonic and New Jersey’s Symphony in C;
– Benjamin Manis, Resident Conductor of the Houston Grand Opera;
– Lee Mills, Resident Conductor of the Brazilian Symphony Orchestra, and Associate Conductor of the Seattle Symphony;
– Gemma New, Music Director of the Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra, Resident Conductor of St. Louis Symphony Orchestra, and Principal Guest Conductor of the Dallas Symphony Orchestra;
– Stefano Sarzani, former Associate Conductor of the Des Moines Metro Opera;
– Stephanie Rhodes Russell, Associate Conductor of the Grand Teton Music Festival;
and Kensho Watanabe, Assistant Conductor of the Philadelphia Orchestra.