The Gothenburg Symphony is about to announce a new May Festival with Pat Kop as artist in residence, a world première by the Icelandic composer Anna Thorvaldsdóttir and another by the Swedish composer, Karin Rehnqvist.
2019 sees the Gothenburg Symphony opening a new festival with international artists, inventive programming and many surprises. Four festival days, four world premières, three orchestras, two club nights, a film screening, and some
ten concerts… Point Music Festival from 23-26 May 2019 makes a difference.
– Two programmes with Festival Artist Patricia Kopatchinskaja and the Gothenburg Symphony
– A world première by Icelandic composer Anna Thorvaldsdóttir
– Three exciting concerts with the Norwegian Chamber Orchestra
– The world première of Swedish composer, Karin Rehnqvist’s “Blodhov” featuring soloist Lena Willemark
– A guest performance of the acclaimed Canadian multi-media project Life Reflected with The National Arts Centre Orchestra
– Club nights with DJ and producer Gabriel Prokofiev, grandson of Sergei Prokofiev