The Aldeburgh Festival, 70 this summer, has always been a showcase for new artists.
Among those making their debut in 2018 will be Sir Bryn Terfel.
– Aldeburgh Festival 2018 celebrates Britten, America and the centenary of Leonard Bernstein
– World Premiere of Emily Howard’s new opera To See The Invisible on the opening weekend
– Artists in Residence: violinist Patricia Kopatchinskaja, conductor John Wilson and flautist Claire Chase
– World premiere of Colin Matthews’ orchestration of Britten’s Seven Sonnets of Michelangelo
– 15 world premieres including works by featured composers Michael Hersch and Simon Holt alongside new pieces by Philip Cashian and Sir Harrison Birtwistle
– Sir Bryn Terfel makes his Aldeburgh Festival debut on the final weekend