Low-cost UK airline is pro-violin and cellomain
1 Violins, clarinets and other small instruments may be permitted on board Flybe-operated flights as cabin baggage. Theinstrument, including its case, must not exceed 100cm x 30cm x 23cm. Carriage as cabin baggage is subject to available space in the overhead lockers.
Please note: The instrument will be classed as your one piece of cabin baggage. Flybe recommends you have adequate insurance to cover such items.
2 Cellos can be carried in the cabin if an additional seat is purchased, as they can be secured safely in an aircraft seat unlike other items. There are restrictions on doing so as follows:
- Cellos are limited to 1 per person
- A passenger must accompany the cello on the same flight
- The cello must not be on a seat in an emergency exit row or next to a window
- A seat must be dedicated for that item only and cannot be shared with a passenger
- The cello must not exceed 75kg in weight
- The cello must be properly secured into the seat by aircraft safety lap strap
- The centre of mass must not be more than 30cm above seat cushion