12 premieres this weekend in Berlinmain
Actually, it’s the opening of 12 new productions, but that’s pretty impressive.
Among the new shows:
– Meyerbeer’s Vasco da Gama at the Deutsche Oper, never seen before in the composer’s home town;
– Meistersinger at the Staatsoper;
– Tales of Hoffman at the Komische;
– First Berlin staging of Kiss Me Kate in a new Günther Neumann translation;
– and lots of theatre, including Ronald Harwood’s new play on Cornelius Gurlitt, the hoarder of stolen Nazi art.
Berlin’s the place to be this weekend.