Opera house goes looking for unpaid performersmain
The house on the harbour has put out a call (below) for students to join the stage cast of its outdoor Aida.
The deal? No pay, no expenses:
– Commit to performances from 25 March to 26 April 2015, with no shows on Mondays or on Good Friday.
– Demonstrate a high level of self-organisation and reliability.
– Follow internal Opera Australia policies, including WHS, Codes of Conduct etc.
– Cover all their own expenses, including travel and food expenses. We unfortunately cannot provide any reimbursements or allowances to secondment positions.
– Secondment cast members will make up an integral part of the Aida cast in the role of Supernumeries. Supernumeries will have significant on stage time and play an important part of the production.
Let’s get this crystal-clear: An opera house that employs performers on amateur terms is an amateur opera house.
Stand by for a downgrade, Opera Australia.