This new office block in Amsterdam is known as Mahler 4, because it is situated on Gustav Mahlerlaan.
The composer would have gone berserk.
- Architect: UNStudio
- Client: Mahler 4 VOF, Consortium G&S Vastgoed, ASR Vastgoed, ING Real Estate
- Location: Gustav Mahlerlaan, Zuid-as, Amsterdam
- Program: offices
- Building area: 28.280 m²
- Volume: 118.878 m³
- Height: 85m, 21 floors
- Status/phase: Realised
- Executive architect: van den Oever Zaaijer & Partners
- Technical Engineering: Van Rossum, Amsterdam
- Installations: Techniplan, Rotterdam
- Contractor: G&S bouw
The Mahler 4 urban complex houses 38.000 m2 of residential spaces, 162.000 m2 of office space and 30.000 m2 of street level retail, cafes, restaurants and a sports centre. The six towers in the Mahler 4 complex range in height from 85 to 100 meters, with each building carrying the name of its designing firm. The Mahler 4 complex has been nominated for the FGH Real Estate Prize 2010.
At a height of 82.5 meters, the UNStudio Tower contains 20 floors of office space and a ground floor with mezzanine. The Royal Bank of Scotland currently occupies 9 floors of the building and the South entrance with commercial space on the Gustav Mahlerlaan.