Welcome to Mahler4, the ugliest tower in townUncategorized
This new office block in Amsterdam is known as Mahler 4, because it is situated on Gustav Mahlerlaan.
The composer would have gone berserk.
- Architect: UNStudio
- Client: Mahler 4 VOF, Consortium G&S Vastgoed, ASR Vastgoed, ING Real Estate
- Location: Gustav Mahlerlaan, Zuid-as, Amsterdam
- Program: offices
- Building area: 28.280 m²
- Volume: 118.878 m³
- Height: 85m, 21 floors
- Status/phase: Realised
- Executive architect: van den Oever Zaaijer & Partners
- Technical Engineering: Van Rossum, Amsterdam
- Installations: Techniplan, Rotterdam
- Contractor: G&S bouw
The Mahler 4 urban complex houses 38.000 m2 of residential spaces, 162.000 m2 of office space and 30.000 m2 of street level retail, cafes, restaurants and a sports centre. The six towers in the Mahler 4 complex range in height from 85 to 100 meters, with each building carrying the name of its designing firm. The Mahler 4 complex has been nominated for the FGH Real Estate Prize 2010.
At a height of 82.5 meters, the UNStudio Tower contains 20 floors of office space and a ground floor with mezzanine. The Royal Bank of Scotland currently occupies 9 floors of the building and the South entrance with commercial space on the Gustav Mahlerlaan.