Back

Maestro missed: Zubin is out for three months

November 30, 2017 by norman lebrecht

6 comments.


Zubin Mehta has asked La Scala Milan to replace him for Der Rosenkavalier in the New Year.

He is undergoing a shoulder operation and will be out of action for three months.

Cancellations start mid-December with the LA Phil (no replacement yet).

La Scala has called in Cornelius Meister, who is conducting that same work in Vienna.

Interesting to see who the Israel Phil gets to replace Zubin.

At least two candidates have refused to take calls until there is a management change.

 


Comments (6)

  1. Stefan Treddel says:

    You are welcome!

    1. Roger Bobo says:

      Dear Zubin, I wish you a quick recovery, people around the world are all sending you wood wishes. Roger Bobo

  2. George says:

    Not Rosenkavalier. It is Die Fledermaus.
    Wishing him well soon.

  3. Anton Bruckner says:

    ZM IS BACK AT THE IPO ONLY FOR THE END OF SEASON CONCERT IN JULY. NO REPLACEMENT NEEDED MEANWHILE.

  4. RW2013 says:

    I saw both Mehta and Meister conduct last week and…
    nomen est omen.

  5. Tiger says:

    Zubin Mehta also cannot come to China to conduct the opera Falstaff on December 3rd, 6th, 8th and 10th, and the two concerts of the China NCPA Orchestra on December 5th and 9th.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *