Horror: Scottish conductor is murdered in Argentina

August 25, 2017 by norman lebrecht

Police in the city of Córdoba have found the body of Finlay Ferguson, killed by a blow to the head with a heavy object, apparently a gym dumbbell. He had been tied to the bed.

Ferguson, 60, was conductor of the San Martin Theatre’s Orquesta Académica Juvenil , whose players are aged from 15 to 22.

Several men are being questioned.

1. Please do remember to give us a follow-up report about this case. There must be something more sensational behind the story!

1. A. Walker says:

You are one sick individual! My brother was bruttally murdered by a psychopath and all you want are juicy details!

Re look at your position as a human being, with empathy for others going through hell.

Absolute shame on you.

2. Robert Levin says:

Norman, I am not able to read this on my iPhone as I keep receiving threatening virus messages whether I open Slipped Disc through Facebook or Google. This does not happen on my MacBook Air. Can something be done about this – it has been going on for several weeks now and I miss reading Slipped Disc on my phone. Surely, I am not the only one having this problem!

1. Ungeheuer says:

Validating you are not alone experiencing the problem you describe when accessing SlippeDisc through the browser on a mobile device.

1. Patti Lynn Miller says:

Same for me on an iPhone.

1. Steven says:

This also happens to me sometimes on my Android phone.

2. David Oberg says:

Likewise with my iPhone. Both threatening virus messages and “I’ve been chosen by Google….” to receive free gift cards from Amazon.com, Wal-Mart, etc.

1. Helen says:

Also me!

2. Rosana Martins says:

I have an IPhone 6 and no problems whatsoever in reading Norman’s posts.

1. Britcellist says:

I also had very annoying threats about viruses on my 5SE. I finally deleted the app and started over. So far, so good since yesterday.

1. John says:

What app?? That would help.

1. Britcellist says:

I use Tweetcaster

3. Derek Williams says:

Me too – pop up appears and then its curtains for reading anything in Slipped Disc.

4. Alex Davies says:

I have similar problems when viewing Slipped Disc on my PC and Android phone. I emailed the site to advise them of the problem and received a standard response in which it was suggested that these problems resulted from using Facebook. This makes no sense as I didn’t even know that it was possible to view Slipped Disc via Facebook. Typically I am redirected to a webpage asking me to update Google Chrome (although the URL has nothing to do with Google Chrome, so is presumably malicious) or advising me that I have won an iPhone. It’s very annoying, Slipped Disc is one of my essential daily reads. Unfortunately, these problems continue and little is done about it.

3. Analeck Kram-Hammerbauer says:

Very dirty.

4. Analeck Kram-Hammerbauer says:

I just said something about rss subscription, which is a totally legitimate way to read this blog and even officially supported by the host. However, all my subsequent posts got censored for no reason.

5. Barbara says:

I deplore the first comment on this page re the horrid murder of a Scottish conductor. It is prurient and distasteful.

1. The author shared this news and the only person you condemn is just one of the more interested readers, who was not even the horrible murder. Isn’t it a bit ridiculous?

2. Martain Smith says:

…well, Agatha Christie wouldn’t have made her name (or millions) with you Barbara!